* 2017-05-17 Markku-Juhani O. Saarinen: Web page public.
* 2017-07-05 Slight update on the paper (title).
* 2017-07-13 Link to the self-contained "demo".
* 2017-09-03 The OpenSSL patch temporarily out of sync.
* 2017-09-23 Initial version of the NIST submission package.
* 2017-11-24 Version 1.0 NIST Submission package.
* 2018-03-22 Little update. HILA5 is of course IND-CPA. Corrected page 17.
* 2018-06-02 Minor updates: NIST conf slides.
HILA5 was found to be a "Complete and Proper" submission and is therefore
one of the official NIST PQC Round 1 candidates. Submission package is
available at the [NIST Web Site](https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/post-quantum-cryptography/round-1-submissions)
and in [github](https://github.com/mjosaarinen/hila5).
## Papers and Other Documentation
Markku-Juhani O. Saarinen: *"HILA5: On Reliability, Reconciliation, and Error
Correction for Ring-LWE Encryption"*
Proc. [SAC 2017](http://sacworkshop.org/SAC17/SAC2017.htm), LNCS 10719,
pp. 192-212, Springer, 2018.
Also available as [IACR ePrint 2017/424](https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/424).
I spoke about HILA5 at the [First PQC Standardization Conference](https://csrc.nist.gov/events/2018/first-pqc-standardization-conference),
Fort Lauderdale, April 11-13, 2018. Slides: [nisth5talk.pdf](nisth5talk.pdf).
Here's a poster I made for the
[5th ETSI Quantum Safe Workshop](http://www.etsi.org/news-events/events/1173-etsi-iqc-quantum-safe-workshop-2017)
in September 2017:
## Technical Specs
The [technical specification](https://github.com/mjosaarinen/hila5/raw/master/Supporting_Documentation/hila5spec.pdf)
(part of the NIST submission) contains a more detailed description, geared
towards implementation. This version corrects the IND-CCA error on page 17.
The NIST submission package contains a reference implementation and
an optimized implementation (both are in C).
You can always find the latest version of the HILA5 submission files on
Sam Scott has written a [Rust HILA5 Implementation](https://github.com/samscott89/hila5-rs).
The prototype OpenSSL integration of HILA5 as a TLS key exchange ciphersuite
lives [here](https://mjos.fi/hila5/tls.html). This is outdated now.